How to become a professional HR? It is complicated question, but there is the answer for it. You can always develop your skill and knowledge through some ways. You can join a group of discussion, seminar, or you can also have a partner in the workplace. But, what is the most ultimate when you are a junior HR professional and wants to be a professional HR? Having a mentor could probably be the best answer!
There have come times in which you are judged by some people. They say that your work is not good or even not as good as theirs. But, a Junior HR professional needs someone to criticize her or him to make the work better. So, this is the function of a mentor. She or he is going to pin point the shortcomings you have in the way that he or she will not affect the self-confidence or morale of you. Mentor will make your mistake seen by you not only others as we, as human beings, often make mistakes. Mentor will help you from falling to pitfalls in the career you have. So, here are 5 ultimate reasons on why junior HR professional needs a mentor. And why it will answer on the question on how to become a professional HR.
Why Having a Mentor Is a Must for Junior HR
- A mentor will help you a lot in setting your things straight. It is done by providing constructive as well as relentlessly and honest feedbacks for your actions and perceptions. Knowing some weaknesses from the perspective of someone who is more experienced will make it easier to work actually on those.
- Mentor function to be HR professional can be the one that will give you more knowledge. It is called as knowledge exchange. You will have a 2 way relationship with your mentor. So, you need to interact in the way that it sheds some light to your perception of an event and a thing.
- Why a mentor is important when you ask about how to become a professional HR is that a mentor can be one example for you. Just like a child who grows into an adult from the example of their parents, you will forward the career by the mentor’s guidance. You will know what are needed to do, specific responsibilities, etc.
- Another thing why you need a mentor is that a mentor is the one who knows well the tools and trade to get you through the destination you intend. You will master some small details that make up a big picture. You will see the small details in for your performance.
- The last reason why a mentor is needed is that you can adapt mentality as well as the mindset of a successful mentor. You can achieve success by doing this. When you start doing and acting things that they have done, you will see advantageous results in a quick and right time. So, if you decide to be a professional HR, find the best mentor from now on.
Description: How to become a professional HR can be achieved by the help of a mentor. So, make sure that you find a leading figure in your field/company to be the mentor leading your success.